Hello!

I am 21 year old male. The problem is I can not concentrate for some reason. At work I often enough can't think/understand things through out and forget what I was doing in a middle of something, which often leads to very embarrassing negligence/carelessness/floppiness mistakes. I also very easily forget things, sometimes things pass right through my head. At times I have difficulty figuring out something simple, as if my brain jammed.

For example I may be going to the store, but then very easily take a wrong turn, trusting reflexes instead.

Other than that I feel a bit foggy, a bit drunk and a bit restless all the time not necessarily tired though. Also my vision is a bit buggy. I feel like I have to really "open and concentrate" my eyes to see properly. Often enough I see things incorrectly, if this makes any sense to you.

Not to confuse all this with stupidity, I am not really dumb though my brains seems a bit slow lately. I don't remember this being such a problem in the past. I have been called careless professor before, but difference is those were things I didn't even try concentrating on task that I didn't care about.

I have history of depression, though never saw a doc about it. Other than that I thought that just maybe all this could be because I usually sleep 2 times a day...

Ideas and solutions are warmly welcomed!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 11th, 2012
i'm the same i think you're fatigued with your depression. it slows everything down and makes you think and act slower. i also forget what i'm doing in the middle of it or just doing something very slowly because i have no motivation. i sleep like 12 hrs a day on my days off and i even take naps those days too. it's not so much being tired or stupid it's just that you're feeling slowed down all the time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....