User Profile
Its just started end of the month of June, when i experienced constipation before i have a regular bowel movements and when i started taking up herbal medicine that's was also the start when i experienced constipation and now Im having my bowel movement every 3rd day of the week. But the constipation is still there, I also notice some blood in my stool especially when im in the process to of eliminating i only release my stool after i take dulcolax. I want to bring my regular bowel movement and im also afraid. pls help me on what should i do.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A14336
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know how you can bring the bowel movement back to normal.

Individuals normally defecate every day or every other day. If they defecate once a week or once in 10 days, they experience constipation. Individuals who use laxatives to provoke a bowel movement should try to use these medications less often because the intestines may become resistant to their effect.

According to the data that you described, you experience constipation. Consume liquid food like soups. Eat vegetables and fruit such as peaches, apricots, plums, pears, etc. Avoid eating bananas and chocolate because they may cause constipation.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.