Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diets and Diet Plans Forum

Diet,work out and weight loss!!!

I am 25 years old, weighting 65 kg and my height is 5'2". I am planning to reduce weight. I have been following a self-guided diet which goes like this:
I wake up and drink 1 tsp honey mixed in 1 glass Lukewarm water followed by 6-7 raisins.
Breakfast with 1 bowl Dal, Vegetables and 2-3 spoon Rice.
Lunch comprises of 2 Plain Britannia Marie Biscuits and water.
Evening Tea with a light snack often Vermicelli or Maggi or 2 biscuits.
Dinner comprises of 2 Chappatis, Dal, Vegetables and/or Fish,Egg,Chicken.
I drink approx 3-4 liters of water daily.
I walk or climb stairs for 20 minutes every day followed by a light shoulder exercise.
Is it ok for me to keep it going? Can you suggest a good plan for me and also work-outs through which I can shed off easily?
P.S. I have heavy thighs and my vital statistics is 34-29-38. HELP!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2013
Are you open to working a little bit more towards what you eat? If you are then you might want to consider trying the Paleodiet.

It's low-carb, I think you'll love that because you will be shedding the weight off easily. It's high-protein, you have better workouts because your body will be able to recover faster and it's much easier to bulk up a bit.

I'm still on the diet and I'm loving every single bit of that cookbook.
|

replied March 9th, 2013
Thanks for your reply...But can you please enlighten me on the Paleodiet? What am I supposed to and not to binge on?
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
Hi there, I think what you are doing is a little dangerous, now don't freak out, I just want to explain why. Reason I say this is because your diet that you are following is quite extreme, very little food so this means it is very difficult to stick to, first month might be really great and then when you don't see results it would be easy to pack it all in. When losing weight it is a good idea to find something whether it is a food plan or certain workouts and stick to them, I mean actually make it a lifestyle change that you will want to stick to for life. That is actually the secret to success with weight loss! Seriously, it actually is, I have tried many things over the years and once I found the right amount of calories to eat each day and the right amount of energy to burn I was on the right formula. This website gives you great recipes and also some really good workouts, how many calories you can burn for various different activities, and also has a 1500 calorie meal plan that works extremely well. Good luck in your journey to weight loss, I truly hope it is successful for you.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 30th, 2013
Your diet should have a balanced diet that teaches you how to eat, when to eat and what to eat. You shouldnt be doing crazy diets or stop eating. I have already lost 50 pounds on the yes you can diet plan and still losing the right way. The diet plan is very easy to follow, they give you a list of all the foods you can eat and the ones you can't and tell you when and how much to eat of each type of food which is great because you learn the diet plan and you can eat wherever you want because you already now what you should be eating. Also you dont stop eating and starve because you need to eat 5 healthy meals a day. They offer diet pills which are amazing and a 100% natural and they speed up you process they have collagen, appetite suppressant, colon cleanser and fat burner.. they have no side effects. I can tell you for experience that it does work and that it teaches you a new lifestyle not only a diet so the results you get are going to be forever and not for a short period of time...
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....