Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Diet restrictions after parasites ?

User Profile
Over the course of the last year I have had a number of parasites, three weeks ago I got tested and had two parasites, E. Nana and E. Histolityca, I took the perscribed anti-parasite medication, two days later had to get treated for a kidney infection and Intestanal infection. I was given five days of ingections of antibiotic. I finished my treatment and am parasite free at this moment. My question is in regards to diet. After my body taking such a blow, I was wondering if there were certain diet restrictions I should take into account? I am living abroad in Central America, so I have an abundence of Fruits and Veggies. Also should I be concerned about other side effects from the infection? Ever scince the treatment I have had very low energy levels and have overall been feeling sick.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2010
Nutrition Answer A10076
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. It’s very good that you take lots of fruits but you need to ensure that the fruits and salads which you take are properly washed before you consume them as the chances of getting such parasitic infections are more when the hygiene is not well maintained. Please do consult a physician and get your hemoglobin checked as low hemoglobin levels can also cause a decrease in the energy levels. Assessment of the liver functions is also important. You should not worry much. Hopefully, there shouldn’t be anything serious.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.