Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diets and Diet Plans Forum

Diet program that worked GREAT for 2 friends but...?

hey... janet here.. I'm 5'8 about 220 lbs.. and ive been trying real hard to lose weight now for almost 8 months... i just had a baby girl a little over a year ago.. and during my pregnancy i gained a tonnnn of weight and much of it stuck with me after she was born, and since then the hubby has been bothering me non stop about my new weight problem... so after a few months of that, it really started getting to me so i decided to try and do something about it... ive tried almost every diet system out there... south beach, atkins, slimfast, weight watchers, etc... and nothing so far has really worked well for me.... But ive recently come across this diet that a couple of my girlfriends put me onto that said worked amazing for them like nothing else has.... so i checked it out, it looks really good and they hav a full money back guarentee.. and im thinking about signing up for it.. but i first wanted to get some 3rd or 4th opinions on it..It's called pcti-system .. Has anyone ever personally tried this program?? Any advice comments opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2009
The best diet for adults is outlined by most "known" diets. I know, for me, that Medifast worked. For my daughter, it is "Jenny Craig". What these 2 have in common (as others do) is they stress "smaller" meals at each mealtime. I strive on the smaller meals six times a day. My daughter eats at least 5 times a day. She gets 3 meals and two snacks. Each person, of course, reacts differently. So what you want to do is find out what the recommended calorie intake is for your desired weight (which should be the recommended weight for your hight and bone structure). And this is yours and no-one elses. Ex: 2 women with the same height will have different bone structure. Once you figure out the calorie intake, you stick to that. My daughter eats snacks that are sweet like you see advertised on television for "jenny Craig" or "Nutrisystems". The catch is to find a snack with the least amount of calories and sugar and salt that can still taste good to your specific tastebuds. This will keep you from cheating. For me, eating every 3 hours was satisfying enough. I did this and was too full to pay attention to whether or not I got something sweet. But not everyone can stand this. So go ahead and cheat once a week; just make sure it falls under the calorie intake you have chosen. And of course! You will have to drink that water. If you despise water, drink Crystal Light. This pattern is something you can live with "all your life"; A "lifestyle change", if you will. I promise that this will work even without exercise! If you are one that likes to exercise, then that is a plus! Just do not do ANY the first two weeks. I lost 60 pounds after my pregnancy weight gain. I tried everything just like you and that lasted for 10 years(diet after diet). Until I changed my habits. My daughter and I both eat (each day) 2 vegetables; 3 proteins, 1 fat. The rest varies. Good luck!
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Hey Janet! Have you tried Chris Guerriero's diet coaching? He just might be the guy for you.. some diet pills & programs just don't coincide with someone's metabolism and body. Since he's pretty popular with diet coaching then perhaps he can help you as well.
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....