Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Did my clavicle get scanned?

User Profile
I recently had a throat and chest CT scan. Everyting came back fine. However, I recently discovered a overgrown medial clavicle compared to the other one. My CT throat scan said that the scan ended on my thoracic inlet. My CT chest scan didnt say where in started or ended. Did my clavicle get scanned? and would the overgrowth been found?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2011
Bone Cancer Answer A24850
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The clavicle lies above the thoracic inlet, and most probably would not have been evaluated by the CT scan.

You might benefit by getting evaluated by your treating doctor who can determine if the issue is benign or there is need for additional testing. In such a situation a Xray of the concerned side, may be very helpful for diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.