Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

did many social activities with him.drinking etc..

User Profile
Doctor..I have a question to ask.My mind suffer lot about this.My friend is hanging out with more girls also with prostitutes. So may be he has HIV. I'm worrieng about this.I'm using his bed to sleep without even having a T-shirt . He also uses my bed sometimes.We are not room mates.but he comes to my room to have a chat.But we don't use the bed together,and he also doesn't use T-shirts much more. Also he had a skin problem in his childhood. now he told it is ok.The problem was his upper skin was very smooth and can be affected easily and he told that he got more wounds in his childhood. But now it is ok, no wounds no blood can be seen but some marks still in the body.But his skin is still very smooth. So i want to know doctor that i'm in a risk to HIV? i did many social activities with him.drinking etc..so I'm afraid about this..please help me..thank you!

Read more: Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum - Am i at a risk to HIV? http://ehealthforum.com/health/am-i-at-a-r isk-to-hiv-t350

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2012
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A35856
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

CDC (centre for disease control and prevention) has clearly stated that specific fluids (blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk) from an HIV-infected person can transmit HIV. These specific fluids must come in contact with a mucous membrane or damaged tissue or be directly injected into the blood-stream (from a needle or syringe) for transmission to possibly occur.

Hence chances of HIV transmission are less in your case as social activities which does not include any blood to blood contact is less likely to transmit HIV.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.