Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Did I smoke laced weed? The voices only talk when I think

User Profile
I smoked weed everyday for six months straight and then maybe four times a week for two months after. About the end of the last two months, I gradually started hearing voices. Now it\'s been two months later and I still hear voices. I was put on Geodon but I believe I don\'t have Schizophrenia. The voices only talk when I think or go in the "sleep" zone of the brain. They also don\'t really talk; the voices say what I\'m thinking and sometimes will say something back that I did not think. Please help me out. Thank you. P.S.- My vision sees "spirits" flying by when I'm focusing on what's in front of me. Similar to little flashes I guess you could say. Did I smoke laced weed? Or is this simply from the weed because I do know that the voices are not real. Thank you again. And I also stopped using weed about two months ago.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Xiafalcon
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2011
Schizophrenia Answer A27686
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

The symptoms of hearing voices are called auditory hallucinations. It is a form of hallucination that involves perceiving sounds without true auditory stimulus. The two most common causes are schizophrenia and mania.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a psychiatrist. Treatment consists of antipsychotic medicines, cognitive behavior therapy and psychotherapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.