Hi I'm 24 yrs old as far as I knew I wasn't pregnant. Yes I've been having sex with my boyfriend but we always used protection. About 2 weeks ago I started having back pain and my breast were sometimes tender I also gained weight but blamed it on my coming period and shaked it off. A day before I was supposed to get my period I went out and had a few drinks some hours later I started bleeding with really bad cramps. By bleeding I mean having to wear two pads at a time and change every hour with it soaked in bright red blood and lots of blood clots occasionally white/pinkish mucus. I felt horribly dizzy and nauseous and couldn't keep food down. This crazy bleeding and symptoms continued for two days. Today is the third day and I'm still bleeding but a lot less and all other symptoms are mostly gone. During those two days I also felt like I was loosing weight like crazy in two days I look a lot thinner and lost a little over two pounds. A few days ago I didn't even think I was pregnant now I'm scared. Did I have a miscarriage? Please help me!!
I'm not sure if this is relevant but earlier this week I started taking weight loss pills on and off cause I kept forgetting to take them but I've taken them before and they never did this to me
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2017
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

It is difficult to find the cause of such a severe bleeding as this has happened for the first time as per your post. Yes, it can be a miscarriage. However, it can also be effect of stress, alcohol, diet pills etc. Often all these result in iron and vitamin deficiency which may precipitate heavy bleeding. Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Take a multivitamin pill. If the bleeding continues, please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance.

Also, watch your next cycle. If the bleeding remains as heavy in the next cycle as well, then you will need some tests to find the cause.

This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Miscarriage and Stillbirth , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.