Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Did I cause damage when I tied rubber bands around my scotum?

User Profile
I realized after the fact that I was stupid to do that. It hurt while it was on because it was fairly tight. It's been about five hour and it still hurts slightly. I'm freaking out because I am afraid I may have caused enough injury to lose testosterone.

How tight was it? Unstretched the rubber bands were about the circumference of my penis, but it was around the base of the testicles and penis.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one but there were a few bands so there wasn't a lot of stretch, but a lot of constriction.

I don't know why I did that...I'm not a stupid person but that was so stupid. I took it off after 10 minutes.

Did I cause damage? Will it lower my testosterone?

Again, I still feel it slightly several hours later.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2016
There are vacuum systems that have rings that really restrict the blood flow. These shouldn't be used for more than 15 minutes because they could cause capillary damage which could cause further damage. If you listen to advertisements, permanent damage is done even if you just have an erection for 4 hours or more without the ring or band. Something to think about.
|

replied November 8th, 2016
Experienced User
I've read that damage can occur in as little as 30 minutes but it depends on how tight the lack of blood circulation is and for how long combined to do the damage. A burdizzo clamp for castrating livestock can castrate a full grown bull in seconds of intense clamping of the cords and blood vessels feeding the testicles. The damage is so severe that the cords stay crushed and can't get any blood to the testicles after being clamped for just seconds. So be extra careful how you play with your gear guys. You don't want to be castrated like a bull to a steer by cutting off the blood flow to your testicles or penis. No fun or sex at all after that !!!!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...