User Profile
On sunday, my monthly cycle began. Typically, the cycle lasts 30-31 days... this time it hit three days early, on day 28. The day before (Saturday) and Sunday I did not pass any stools. Suddenly on Monday, I began with slight diarrhea that only lasted three or four hours with gassiness, then I began passing some yellow mucus. The diarrhea has since stopped and I have passed fairly normal stools, except my body takes longer than usual to expel them, but the mucus is still there and I have been feeling a bit sore in the general reigion. I've also experienced a bit of rumbling in my lower abdomen as well. I have had an appetite and have been able to eat no problem. I don't feel any general unwellness. No fever, change in anything else in my body, nothing. Just that. I will admit that I'm pretty freaked out about this as I've honestly never had this problem before.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A10488
. Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem to be concerned by the diarrhea with mucus, bloating and cramping in the pelvic region.
You might be having the beginning symptoms of what is called as premenstrual syndrome or it might only be a viral infection disturbing the digestive tract causing the symptoms. The symptoms of PMS are highly variable from woman to woman.
The other symptoms of premenstrual syndrome that occur in a cyclical pattern corresponding to a woman’s periods include mood swings, irritability, depression, anxiety, angry outbursts, confusion or fuzzy thinking,
tearfulness, fatigue, insomnia, changes in libido, overeating, cravings especially for salty or sweet foods, alcohol intolerance, acne, hives, weight gain, headaches, menstrual migraines, breast swelling and pain, edema (visible swelling, particularly in the hands, feet and legs), asthma, sinus problems, sore throat, worsening of chronic conditions like arthritis and ulcers etc.
You must consult your gynecologist for the exact diagnosis as the same cannot be made online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.