Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Diarrhea and lightheadedness-serious symptoms?

About 3-4 weeks ago I woke up around 4am with massive pains in my intestine-area. I was kept awake by it for about an hour before I took one of the biggest shits of my life, after that I was able to fall asleep again. I'd like to add that in between the time I woke up and the time I "did my business" I fainted while sitting on the toilet.
Then last week I was sitting in class around 11 in the morning and felt like I was going to faint again. I didn't actually pass out but I was pretty freaked out. I went home and laid down for a while and drank a bunch of water. I also took a normal sized, slightly diarrhea-ish dump in that time. After a few hours I felt a lot better.
Earlier today, I felt similarly light-headed, and took another massive poop. It seemed like half of the stool was normal while the other half was diarrhea.
In between each of these "sessions," I've felt fairly normal and my poops have been mostly normal as well.
Should I be worried? I've never really had an excuse to see the doctor as I've mostly chalked this up to constipation or something. When should I go see a doctor? Also any ideas of what might be going on?
I haven't really had any pain besides when I woke up at 4 in the morning a number of weeks ago. I'm fairly certain it isn't pancreatic cancer as I'm only 18 years old, but reading about it online has made me kinda nervous nonetheless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 9th, 2014
The info you get online can't be relied on enough,the best thing to do is to go and pay a doctor a visit.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....