Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Diane-35 during breast feeding

I had my delivery(C Section) on 11th may 2009... I got my periods after 1 month...but i get them twice or thrice a month.. So I consulted a doctor and she told me to take Diane -35.(Progestron -estrogen combination with antiandrogen effect...In medicine information its written that its not used during lactation...My son who is 5 months is still on my breast milk alone....Will the medicine have any effect on milk production/baby..Please advice..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi hun no you should not use this medication whilst breastfeeding, i got the information from here...
http://chealth.canoe.ca/
just search for your drug then click on drug fact sheet, it then says are there any other precautions or warnings with diane-35, click it and scroll to the bottom where it says breastfeeding...jenny
|

replied June 26th, 2014
it is ok for me to take diane35 while brestfeedfing?please advice me
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...