What do you think this condition is?
IBS
IBD
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
Hi everyone! wave I am 27 years old male from Mumbai (India). I have been suffering from digestion related issues since last 3 years.

I have consulted with Allopathic, Ayurvedic & Homeopathic doctors before & all of them claimed my issue to be IBS. But recently I consulted with a Gastroenterologist when I got to see blood on stools. He prescribed me few tests & I have got them done. Below are the details of those tests:

CBC, LFT, Creatinine, Vitamin B12 & D3, TSH, Fasting glucose & stool r/m

There is a deficiency in Vitamin B12 & insufficiency in D3.

The stool r/m shows presence of mucus, occult blood & RBC (1-2). Though it shows absence of blood (non-occult) & fat, I have observed blood to be there & feces floating in the bowl several times.

I also got Colonoscopy done yesterday. Below are the verbatim findings & impression of the report:

Findings - "There were presence of multiple patchy areas of ulceration seen in the colonic mucosa from rectum to hepatic flexure. The ulcers size ranged from 3 to 7 mm with surrounding erythema. The ascending colon, caecum, IC valve and 10 cm of the terminal ileum were normal.

Impression - Infective colitis.

The doctor also did biopsy & sent the sample to histopathology department for further analysis. Will get the reports in 4-5 working days. Once I get it, will update.

Would like to know your opinion on the impression of the report as I don't think that it is infectious colitis because the symptoms just don't match to the symptoms I have.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF,

I appreciate your concern.

Based on the information this report depicts,it could be either infective colitis or ulcerative colitis.
You should have listed all your symptoms of indigestion so that combined with this report we could make an educated guess,what it actually is.
3 years is a long time,you should have cleared an infection by now.
If the biopsy report is conclusive,that would settle the matter once and for all but if not,you should be tested for abdominal tb as well.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.

|

replied September 10th, 2018
Sir, I got stool test done twice. First time I had given reddish sample for test but it didn't show presence of any blood in the report. So I got it done again. This time as well the report stated no presence of blood (though I still get to see bright red blood stuck to the stool sometimes). The only abnormal thing was that it showed the stool be acidic to which the doctor said that it doesn't matter much.

Mentioning my current symptoms below:

1. I don’t feel fresh & energetic when I wake up even though I sleep for 8+ hours.

2. I have to go to the loo at least 3 times a day & sometimes even after passing stools for 3-4 times in the morning itself, I don’t get the feeling of completion. It feels like I empty the bowels in parts (I mean it doesn’t get emptied in single attempt). Usually third time onwards, I have to sit for long as I don’t get pressure to empty the bowels. Sometimes I have to put pressure to get the stools passed or defecation happens on its own after sitting for long time.

3. The stool is mushy almost all the times. As far as I know mushy stool suggests mild diarrhoea & I think because of this dehydration happens which makes me feel exhausted (tired & sluggish). I have to sleep then as I don’t feel fresh & can’t concentrate on work. It takes me around 4 hours to get ready to kick start the day.

4. I get to see small amount of bright red blood stuck to the stool sometimes.

5. A lot of belching happens when I do simple exercise like warm up.

6. I have to go to the loo when I wake up if I sleep after lunch in afternoon.

7. I mostly feel full in the evening time even if I haven’t eaten/drunk anything or eat/drink only in small amounts. So I mostly skip snacks.

8. Have got 2 attacks of severe abdominal pain in the lower left abdomen till now.

9. Mouth sores (mild)

10. I feel hungry & the food consumed gets digested properly when I am travelling or am outdoors.

The doctor has prescribed me to get anal manometry done now. I would like to have your opinion on whether should I get manometry done or seek for second opinion.

Thanks in advance Smile
|
Tags: Colitis
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.