User Profile
I have been tired for the last 2 years.But the last few months it has been getting worse.I struggle to function.cant manage housework and permanently feel hungover[ I rarely drink alcohol}. I am getting to the point where I know there is something wrong with me,but am frightened to see my doctor. I had a smear test 6 months ago and it was clear ,but they noticed an erosion.I was told to return if any problems.I have just started to bleed here and there from it.I look a picture of health,though a little pale. I am Not depressed as I am happy in everything except this awful lethargy. I could sleep 12 hours,awake,have food and could sleep again.I am worried.Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2010
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A9555
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.

You seem to be concerned by the chronic fatigue or tiredness for the past 2 years which has increased over the last few months. You might be plagued by a condition called chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS) which is a diagnosis of exclusion and requires the fatigue symptoms to be present for 6 or more months. Untreated hypothyroidism, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, drug abuse, and adverse effects of medication need to be ruled out among others to establish the diagnosis of CFS. As you are having anxiety disorder for which you are taking Cipralex but you still need a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist to rule out depression as well. You may be helped by cognitive behavioral therapy(CBT) and graded exercise therapy if the diagnosis of CFS is established by your doctor.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Note: This post is not to emphasize a final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is just to provide medical information and that no treatment suggested above be taken without a face-to-face consultation with a health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.