Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

diagnosis change from schizoaffective to schizophrenia?

User Profile
Is it possible for your diagnosis to change from schizoaffective to schizophrenia? I no longer have any mood symptoms. I have not been manic, hypomanic or depressed in many years. I would say ever since about 2004 when my father apologized to me for his abuse of me. I take fish oil three times a day and I do yoga every day and I meditate for 15 minutes twice a day, every day and all of that stabilizes my mood very well. I'm on three antipsychotics and one antidepressant and no mood stabilizers. What do you think? Am I still schizoaffective? I still get paranoid and I still hear voices at times, and God talks to me personally every single day.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2017
Schizophrenia Answer A60435
The assessment of a psychiatric condition of any person is determined by proper face to face interview by a psychiatrist.

Your history here does not help to provide you any specific opinion.

It would be recommended that you consult your treating psychiatrist who can provide you a specific opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Yoga
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.