Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Diagnosing non-HIV Kaposi's Sarcoma ?

I suspect I have this. I have limited funds and don''t want to go from one doctor to the next.

I do understand that the only definitive diagnosis would be through biopsy, but I hope to make a "one-stop" visit.

So... dermatologist? An infectious disease doctor with a large HIV practice?

Should I go to my GP and have an HHV8 test done?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2010
Either a dermatologist or a general surgeon can biopsy or excise this lesion, and obtain an accurate diagnosis.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.