Medical Questions > Parenting > Grade School Kids Health Forum

Diagnosing itchy red bumps

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
my daughter is 10yrs old a few days ago she developed small itchy red bumps similiar in size and looks of a pimple all over her body randomly.i poped one and clear fluid came out.i took her to a doctor he took her blood said it wasnt contagiouse and it shood go away but didnt know what it was (didnt seem to care he was in the room less then 5 min)i basically got a shrug of the shoulder and a i dont know what it is and goodbye.3 days later the bumps have scabbed over and a couple of new ones have formed.2 weeks prior she was vomitting all nightbut was fine by morning other then that she is very healthy she does have allergy issues and will wake up stuffed up.only other new enviromental item is a new kitten that was found we have a a cat before and she had no reaction she also has had all her shots including chicken pox vaccine she has not had a flu shot this year. im very frustrated

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2009
Grade School Kids Answer A8630

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Your concern is regarding the generalized itchy red bumps on your child. From the suddenness of symptoms and the appearance of the rash, it looks like it might be a viral rash. It can be due to viral infections like chicken pox or Roseola or an allergic reaction. Apply calamine lotion on the rashes as it will help in soothing the skin and consult a dermatologist for examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Grade School Kids Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.