User Profile
my boyfriend had a cold sore on his lip for about a week. The week after we had sex, oral sexm a week later, a bump appeared on my vaginal opening.
He said the cold sore was closed and dried up before he performed oral sex on me. Now i looked at pictures and read symptoms, My bump does not look like the pictures let alone feel like what its supposed to feel like. The only thing i have is groin pain but i got that in the 8th grade from going up some stairs. The bump is very little with a cut in the middle. could the cut be infected (because i did shave the night before i noticed it) or cold it be a cold sore??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A5648

It is very hard to answer your question based on the data you provided and without seeing the bump. The cut might be inflamed, but it does not necessarily mean that it is infected. You might want to visit your family doctor for a visual examination. Meanwhile, application of local antiseptic products and over the counter anti –inflammatory products is recommended. After the examination at your doctor, you might be recommended additionally to use local antibiotic cream if the bump turns out to be infected.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.