Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

diagnosed with adult ADD... people think im very imature

User Profile
Hi, my question is about Adult ADD. I'm a 20year old female, i have been shy all my life find it difficult in social situations, i constantly think about one thing to the next from the minute i wake switching from one idea to the next mostly thinking about fun/interetings things rather than the more inportant things.My life disorganised and i put off important things i have no interest in doing it really annoys me at the thought of doing them. I make quick decisions or do things without thinking about the consequences and say things i dont follow through and starting things and never finishing. when someone asks me to do something i usually forget, usually late for appointments. when people are talking my mind usually wonders, i spend money like its water and usually have to think wheres its gone when ive none. cant tolorate stress or bordom always fidget and move about.is that symptoms of ADD or something else, oh and people think im very imature and tend to come out with silly thing

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2012
ADD and ADHD Answer A37642
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

ADD has symptoms of overactivity,impulsivity or combination of both.It can be diagnosed by means of certain specific symptoms which should be present in person.It is not possible to comment regarding your symptoms without a clinical evaluation but they might be indicative of that.

You require a detailed clinical evaluation.Since you have been facing these symptoms for quite long consider visiting a Physician for exact diagnosis.There are various medications and therapies as behaviour therapy which might help you.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.