Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Diagnosed ADD-non reactive

Hello Everyone, my daughter was just diagnosed by the preschool child study team/psych. neuro. with ADD-non reactive what does this mean? I do not want to medicate her. She is not hyperactive or a behavioural problem. She just has a lacking attention span. She is also in speech therapy and receives a resource teacher as well. Is there anything I can do to help her along the way. I feel like this is my fault. Please someone help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Supporter
ADHD management programs need to be tailored to the individual child. Some therapies are more useful for controlling anger, while others are better suited to the treatment of impulsivity. Generally, the range of non-drug therapies used to treat a child with ADHD can include:

* Behaviour modification
* Cognitive therapy
* Anger management
* Social training
* Family counselling.
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Fish oil has been studied and found to be extremely beneficial to aiding in attentiveness, memory and cognition. It has been very beneficial for my son who was diagnosed with ADHD. He is not on any conventional medications at this time. He took strattera for a while but it caused depression with him. He is taking other supplements and this seems to be working well. You may PM me if you have any further questions, if you like.
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...