My friend does not take care of his diabetes (type 1) because he rarely eats. He had a seizure because of it about a week ago (that's what we were told anyway. No one was contacted until a couple days ago), was intubated and sedated, and was just able to open his eyes yesterday, which was two days without sedatives or breathing tubes. Today he'll open his eyes when I say his name or just to look around, he'll make eye contact for a few seconds before closing his eyes again, and he'll nod or raise his eyebrows when he sees me or when I talk to him. He still clenches his mouth shut if anything gets near it though so he hasn't been able to eat. His family is neglectful so they have no useful info for me, and the doctors/nurses here just say "it just depends" for everything I ask. I just want to know what is happening and what more I can do to help bring him back to normal faster and more effectively.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....