User Profile
My mom is 57 with type 2 diabetes and is on 4 different medications for her blood sugar and it is still always high. She currently consumes 10-15 POUNDS of sugar per month through the sweet tea she makes and drinks constantly.
What will this do to her body and what effects does it have on her??
I really want to understand this so I can give her more information.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2018
Diabetes Answer A64306
It is more likely that the sweet tea and high calorie diet is the cause of her uncontrolled blood sugar levels.

In addition to titration of her Diabetes medications, she will need a the assistance of a proper dietician who can help her with her diet.

In addition, use of artificial sweeteners should be helpful to reduce the need for sugar in her tea and diet.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.