Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Diabetes diet using Ashitaba leaf

There are several researches in Japan which have discovered that Ashitaba can actually lower blood sugar level.

Ashitaba (also know as Angelica Keiskei) is a traditional health food for Japanese. Ashitaba has been an integral part of their diet for hundreds of years. It has been taken as health food and also utilized as medical herb.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2014
Hello to everyone
Have you if heard or read about treating Diabetes with a new molecular therapy that uses targeted peptides and proteins to restore cellular function?
Try Google search for the term "Peptide treatment", or the company named "Regenerative Cellular Therapy".
I think it can be helpfull.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Home and herbal remedies are always welcomed but making them only mean to control a disease is not wise and keeping them a supplement to your daily regimen is preferable and desirable.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied July 6th, 2018
Diabetes is that giant problem to treat for which we cannot rely on 100% natural medication unless you master your body conditions and its responses to each of the foods that you take daily.
In developing countries, there is always a barrier to people's health towards Body Nourishment with all kinds of foods. They can take only a few varieties of foods and only the affordable foods. For this reason, almost every diabetes patient looks up for the doctor's medication with insulin pills or injection, which is really sad to know.
The injections can be replaced with good remedies of foods and workouts but only under certain conditions.

Remedies:
1. Use sugar-free chocolates/drinks to satisfy your cravings
2. Add suitable herbs to your diet
3. Start your day with neem, honey, garlic, etc. Try to take them on an empty stomach.

Exercises:
1. Strictly avoid processed foods if you are not doing great workouts every day
2. Start with cardio exercises if you've never done any workout in your life.
3. If you have any other health problems along with diabetes, do not go with any exercises without consulting your physician.

Coming to Ashitaba, just the way you got the best benefits of this herb, one of my relatives had seen a tremendous improvement in blood sugar control with the usage of neem. And surprisingly, a lot many others who use green tea, and a few other herbal products have not been able to reduce the sugar levels. So it can never be judged in the single way we see. I'm not saying it was a random benefit that showed upon you. But, it may not suit everybody because the other negative factors may be even stronger, that we are not able to do it the way we wanted to.
For this again, just start with one method to control diabetes. Dedicate all that is needed for that treatment. Once you realize that there's not much improvement, it must be because of two reasons.
1. The treatment doesn't work upon you, Or
2. You have not followed it properly

The second answer can be the final answer, which is the most usual. So try and avoid the things that are not to be done being a diabetic.
Here are few tips to it:
-Eating on time, strictly.
-Sleeping well, happily.
-Shedding calories, moderately and optimally.
|
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.