Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

diabetes and thyroid problems ruled out! now what?

User Profile
I have been urinating excessively for the past 6 weeks.I've had diabetes and thyroid problems ruled out.My urine sample proved free of infections.Still,I need to urinate no less than every 30 min.Water goes straight through me,and I often feel the urge to urinate again after I relieve myself.

Up until about 4 hours before bed,the urine comes out without effort.After that time period,it becomes more difficult to urinate, while the urge is still strong.I also feel that I don't drain all urine completely,and the stream does not exit uninterrupted.There has been no blood.The urine is generally not dark.I feel no pain when I'm in the process of urinating.However,I've found that when I lay on my left-side the urge is much stronger.Standing upright seems to alleviate the urge.I also have a discomfort on my left-side,parallel to my groin.

What problems could I be having?Is dehydration a concern if water is going right through me?Should I drink more water,even if I drink plenty to begin with?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2011
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A19629
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. Sometimes a small stone in the ureter/urinary bladder can give rise to excessive urination.

Moreover, you've got a history of discomfort in the groin area which also suggests the possibility of a stone. I'll suggest doing a Non-contrast CT scan of the kidneys, ureter and bladder to look for any stone in the unrinary tract. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.