User Profile
Ok, so I was at the pharmacy Monday morning and saw these tablets. I thought I'd give them a try just to see if it would work for my appetite.
Well, it's day 3 and things seem okay. I don't eat much to begin with (usually a small lunch and a decent dinner), so this has made me eat even less. I will have a snack for lunch and my normal sized dinner.

My question is, has anyone out there tried it? I've seen other threads, but they are from 2006.

By the way, it tastes gross.
cough
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I've never tried them, but just be careful.

I was curious so I tried to check for ingredients but apparently it changes every few years for health safety reasons-- which is weird since supplements aren't even regulated by the FDA so the fact that they stepped in is a red flag to me.

Dietary supplements may be good for a quick fix, but when you go back to your normal eating habbits you will gain at some if not all back. It's not a long term solution. You're better off just easing into healthy eating habbits.

Good luck though!
|

replied June 15th, 2009
i agree. diet supplements only work for so long and if you don't eat much as it is you will just be starving your body of essential nutrients by eating less.

you are much better off eating properly and exercising more, at least 30 minutes a day.
|

replied June 19th, 2010
Yeah, you have to be careful the internet is full of these acai type supplements right now, just make sure you've got a reputable product.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....