Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Determining specific allergens

User Profile
how do i get rid of this?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2008
Allergies Answer A5192

According to the symptoms you reported you might be experiencing an allergy. The exact allergen is unknown. You might want to visit a dermatologist and do various allergy tests to determine the exact cause. Meanwhile, you can use over-the-counter topic corticosteroid creams. Avoid intake or contact with any more potent allergens (egg yolk, milk and dairy products, food rich in protein, cosmetic products).

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.