Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Depsonil and erectile problems

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
hello Dr Andrew Rynne,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I dont have any erectile problems. I had made it clear to the doctor too. However, it was the doctor who asked me to undergo these tests( in addition to this i underwent 2 blood tests also) and i had no clue on any of the test.

I started taking only from yesterday night. My understanding is that i need to stop it immediately. Am i right?

Can you also provide some tips around other ways and means to come out of the problem in addtion to the one you have posted?

Also, am i right in concluding that i am not impotent based on the test results?

Thanks a lot for all your clarifications.

Best REgards.
L.C. Venkataraman

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2010
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A10950
"Impotent" is the old word for what we now call Erectile Dysfunction or ED. This in turn is defined as the continuous inability to achieve or sustain an erection of sufficient quality to satisfy the needs of either party engaged in sexual activity. You do not have ED or impotence, not because of any test results, but because you say you do not have ED. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Doppler's or anything else. It is what you say.

What you do have I think is ejaculatory incompetence. You need to explain to your partner that this is NOT her fault but that you have a mental block about ejaculating in her presence at the moment. Depsonil will make this worse. You may have to discuss this with a Sex Councillor. In the meantime show your wife how you masturbate and hold her hand while she helps you. When you have broken the jinks and can ejaculate in her presence, then you can move on to intercourse. A male vibrator might also help. This will take a bit of time but you will get there. Good luck.

Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.