Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression... this possible baby has saved me from myself

Im 17 and I'm clinically depressed, I've been struggling with depression since I was about 11 or maybe 10 and finally started getting help when my mother found me almost dead. Which was about two years ago. I stopped taking my mess when I thought I could be pregnant. Since I've thought there could be this possibility I've been truthfully happy, this possible baby has saved me from myself, I found out in four days if I am pregnant or not.
If I'm not I think I'm going to crash and be more depressed then before, and ways to help and be happy?
And if I am, should I stop taking my pills to make sure the baby is safe?
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
Don't give up
Every one has a limit, and I think you are getting close to reaching it.
Think of your life as a glass. Some people have bigger ones than others. Once your level of stress in the glass reaches a point that you cannot handle. IT WILL OVERFLOW!!!
You seem to have a lot to go through and at your tender age need to think what is best for you now.
If you are not pregnant don't think of it as a loss as you need to work on your education and making a life for yourself that could support a child in the future.
I have suffered from depression since I had a breakdown @ 13 years old and then lots of other problems so far for my life since.
I am now 38 and now have kids which made my life complete but not until I was a lot older than 17.
Reply to me if you want to chat a bit more.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....