User Profile
My friend believes that i should go see a doctor to see if i am diagnosed with depression. he says this because every night, my mood drops to the point where i wish i dont exist, and then i start feeling suicidal. i havent cut for about 2 months now, mainly because my parents had found out i attempted suicide and so i promised them i'd stop. but the issue that happened that day still affects me and affects my low self esteem. it seems to get worse at night rather than during the day. a friend thought it was cuz i was alone but i came to realise my mood dropped even if my sisters were there. I've avoided self harm since my attempts but every night i continue the struggle of avoiding it. i also have the issue of wishing i had died the night i tried. im worried for myself at this point, scared of what i might even do to myself.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2014
(online)
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

I would strongly suggest you consult a psychiatrist
so that a Mini mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression and or anxiety, you have a history
of self harm and suicidal tendencies and they would also
need to be assessed.
Meds can be adjusted afterwards in addition
to cognitive behavioral therapy.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.