User Profile
Hi I am here to talk about my lengthy history of depression. I've had some mild depression for a time span now of maybe 3 years. I've been unable to do most of the things I'd like to do just out of lack of interest in those activities or unwillingness to even get myself to do some of the things I used to enjoy. Even the little things like listening to old music bands, watching a funny movie, or even shooting basketball hoops with a good friend of mine isn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm doing fine in other areas of life, but just not with depression. I can get through the daytime okay, but when night comes around I experience much more sadness when the sun is down. I don't have Sundowner's and have no history of alzheimer's or dementia, but I'm just somehow who's had a lingering sense of sadness that just started at a time in my life when I was maybe 18 or so and that hasn't really gone away for several years. I'm coping best by trying to stay busy and not sleep too much > 8hrs

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2019
Depression Answer A65030
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
I read your question and I understand your concern.
Symptoms of depression usually exacerbate in the night time because of lack of social interaction.
I would suggest you psychotherapy sessions and mind relaxation excercises like yoga and meditation.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.