User Profile
I am struggling with long-term depression. It has manifested itself through several years to becoming me not even talking to other people. The last time I actually went to a friend's house and watched football or anything was over 4.5 years ago.

I've been sleeping over 10 hours some days and not wanting to leave my bed. My will to go on like this is very poor and I am losing hope of feeling interested in anything anymore. I've been to a couple hospital stays for severe depression and tried a lot of medicines, but even though they helped, the problems were too harsh to take them anymore.

My doctor has expressed he doesn't know what else to try with medicines, so I am just about at a point where I am just going to accept living this way until the end of my time. I do not see any help in the future and experience only sadness.

I have tried to exercise some but have failed to feel much improvement. Did group therapy and was mildly helpful, but not much.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2019
Depression Answer A64774
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Depression is chronic disorder like diabetes and hypertension. Medications, support group, mind
relaxation excercise like yoga and meditation and psychotherapy sessions are needed.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.