User Profile
Ever since I was around 17 years old, I've not found a lot of enjoyment from my life. I went through a very difficult relationship with what was my first girlfriend at the time. The relationship got so stressful that I eventually got put on antidepressants because of severe anxiety/OCD symptoms that I was having trouble with. I still have a lot of OCD symptoms and social phobias now, but more than anything, I experience sadness a lot most days. Yet, I don't often complain about these issues nor do I speak to most people about them. My family and friends don't really know what to tell me other than just to stay positive, follow what I love, and let my heart guide me, and those kinds of things. Well, I've been doing what I can to finish out my college degree as a psychology major with a minor in human relations, but even though I'm close to done with my degree, I expected this would help with my depression, but even that doesn't make me feel happy like I thought it would.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2018
Depression Answer A64502
Welcome to e health forum.

From your history, it is indicative that you have severe anxiety disorder. You may be overwhelmed at your young age, due to the guidance and advice your parents might be giving you.

This time of your youth is when you will build your character which will help you grow up into a adult who can be successful in all aspects of life - be it career, family life and ability to build good relationship with all people.

You have to realize that it is a gift that you have your parents and siblings and not all alone by yourself in this world. So your childhood and teenage life will help you build your adult personality.

If you cannot manage your relation with your own parents and siblings, you will have a terrible time living your life when you grow up.

When you are not comfortable or troubled, be calm and take a short nap, which will help you relax. Think about the situation once you are relaxed and if needed speak to your parents or friends, and seek a proper resolution of the problem. Do not let conflicts or issues fester for a long time. This might lead to resentment and might destroy interpersonal relationships.

In addition, Its said, that " A idle mind is a devil's workshop".

In your case, if you are not engaged in any activity, your mind will definitely get occupied by unwanted thoughts and this may cause anxiety and panic. To avoid such issues you should involve yourself in activities that will keep you occupied and also help you keep calm.

Some such activities includes - Gardening, pet care, painting, physical fitness activities like cycling, working out in the gym, and others which you may be interested in.

Most of such activities will relieve your stress and help you manage your anxiety disorder.

You may also speak to your elders ( grandparents, uncle, aunt, etc) and seek proper guidance and advice. If this does not work seek proper help from a psychiatrist.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.