User Profile
After a significant loss of my testicular tissue, I have fallen into a deep depression and have been ashamed of myself. I've felt I've lost confidence to be a "real man" and I"m not feeling like I want to deal with this any longer. I am upset my doctor had me taking synthetic testosterone treatments for years, and now, I resent ever being put on those. It really upsets me to know that what my doctor did likely will impact me for the remainder of my entire life.

My now ex-girlfriend had noticed that my testicle size had decreased and she made fun of me constantly about it. She often bullied me emotionally, mentally, and even physically struck me a few times when she was very angry.

Now, almost half a decade later, I'm still struggling with the small testicle size issue, the bad memories, the fear of a future girlfriend being like my previous girlfriend, self-esteem issues, and ongoing sadness from this seemingly permanent damage to my testicles that aren't recovering at all.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2018
Depression Answer A64505
Welcome to e health forum.

The main issue you are facing is due to physical absence of a testes.

If your hormonal status (testosterone levels, etc) as well as sexual functions are normal, then you can go for a testicular implant (artificial) , which may help in physical appearance of your genitalia look normal and this may improve your psyche and confidence as well.

This may be the best option for you. Consult your doctor / endocrinologist / urologist for a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.