User Profile
The weather where I am at seems to take an absolutely dramatic toll on my mood and what is upsetting is I don't know what about cloudy/rainy/foggy days makes me so upset but it does. I have been totally fine on sunny days and feel very happy and optimistic about my life and goals yet when even one day of overcast or dreary weather comes I feel just this total 180-degree turn in my mood and levels of motivation.

What about the lack of sunlight or sun makes it so difficult for some people to operate and function normally, if anyone knows? I just don't like being a "fair-weather" person and only being able to feel my best on sunnier days yet I know life is life and the weather is basically not under our control very much (if at all).

I do not see much hope for this issue as I know it appears to be common and a very widespread issue, yet I would do anything I can to help mitigate the depression I experience from poorer weather even if it only slightly mitigates this!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2018
Depression Answer A64398
Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to assess psychiatric issues just based on the description and history provided here.

Your concerns and issues need to be properly addressed by a one to one personal interview.

Hence consult with a psychiatrist and seek a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.