User Profile
I was diagnosed with depression when I was 14. I'm 18 now and have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. When my blood sugars get low, it causes me to go into a very depressed stage and is exhausting to get out of. Being diagnosed with this has also been causing me to have what I think are panic attacks, my chest hurts and I can't breathe and it feels like everything is closing around me. Is this something I should talk to my parents about and then a doctor? Having this happen is very mentally exhausting and I want it to go away. I've been trying to fight it with just my antidepressants and by thinking positively but it's getting more difficult every time. I'm not sure how to approach this or what to do. I used to see a therapist for my depression and suicidal thoughts but my parents no longer will pay for it so I can't see her anymore. Is this a sign of anxiety?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2018
Depression Answer A63653
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Depression is a risk factor for diabetes.
You should visit your primary health practitioner to evaluate you and make a better strategy for your future.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.