User Profile
Feeling really depressed lately. No interest in activities I used to enjoy/little interest in trying new things. I saw my doctor and I've been diagnosed a long time ago with MDD or major dep disorder. I have felt this way for 4 years now, just not being interested and not caring about exercise, school, or anything because it all feels boring and bland to me. I am also treated for ADHD, but my primary focus here is depression because I just feel the most depression lately I've had in a long while. The weather also gets me down but the best medicines I've tried for depression seem to give me side effects. I think it's good for me to keep doing counseling, but that alone isn't enough and psychotherapy felt unhelpful as well. I tried taking pretty big doses of caffeine and Vitamin D3 as well. I am also saddened from my inability to get energy and motivation as I feel frequently tired/lethargic throughout the day. I am not a narcoleptic, but I just lack energy/drive/ambition lately

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2017
Depression Answer A62407
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Psychotherapy sessions, cognitive behavioural therapies and use of antidepressants with lifestyle adjustments will help. Hang in there.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.