User Profile
Hello Doctor, I've read about Ehealthforum's depression category and I really know now, why I've been dealing with problems such as suicidal thoughts or just do me something really bad knowing that I'd probably regret later on, but no one seem to understand me in my family and I keep studying so hard just for the sake of my family.
I'm literally always anxious, nervous and stressed out, I've never resent something like that before. Also I'm dealing with digestive problems for like 2 years now and I am pretty sure that they both are related.
I've also been to Houston for like a year and it all started off over there, I was battling with the inner me and i wanted so bad to success that I kept digging a hole that I couldn't get out of it anymore.
Around the same time people that I was living with really did torture me and I could'nt do it anymore and I left that alone and came back to my country and now it continuously does it. ��
Please Help me !

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2017
Depression Answer A60240
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Anxiety is the root cause of many physical illnesses gastrointestinal diseases being one of them.

To treat a disease, the root cause has to be treated first. Hence first of all, make up your mind that you have to get rid of your suicidal thoughts and your anxiety. Motivate yourself to do things for yourself, talk to your family and friends and discuss your stress with them. They will help you find a solution to your problem. Remember that it is all in the mind. If your control your mind you will be able to control all negative thoughts.

Secondly, join a gym and exercise regularly. Exercise is of paramount importance because it releases endorphins from the body. Endorphins are neurotransmitters which trigger a positive feeling in the body and decrease your perception of pain.

Moreover you need to take some antianxiety medications like short reuptake serotonin inhibitors (SSRI) and benzodiazepines like alprazolam and clonazepam. Consult a psychiatrist and get them prescribed. Psychotherapy and cognitive behavior therapy also helps a lot and a psychiatrist should be consulted for the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.