User Profile
I've struggled with depression for awhile now. I get so crazy at times. some days I just feel like I can't take it anymore. I want to give up. It is literally making me sick. This last week I probably only ate maybe 4 times. It was a very small meal. I just get into this funk where all I do is sit around, think and cry. What will it take for me to be happy? That is all I want to do. My life has been a roller-coaster these past few years.. being a in/out of jail/prison/rehab.. getting married to a abuse/lying/cheating man then separated multiple times within less than a year of marriage. He gave me an std that will not go away and he didnt even care! When i got out the hospital He just left me and my things on the side of the road and sped off. He took my dog, CoCo. She has always been by my side throughout everything that I been through in this relationship. I don't know what I ever did to deserve something like this. Why do bad things have to happen to me? I am not a bad person.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2016
Depression Answer A57710
Hello.

I am glad you decided to seek help. From what you have described here, it seems there have been some major life events which eventually contributed to creating a lot of emotional and behavioral disturbance.

Before I can suggest you talk to a Psychotherapist, I would like to mention a few things in response to some of your thoughts here.

A per son is not innately good or bad. His/her actions can be good or bad for him / others. But a person is a human being who can make mistakes or be at the receiving end of mistakes.

Why do bad things happen to you? Simply because they can! Good or bad things can happen to any person with a uniform probability. It doesn’t help much in the long run to indulge in self-pity. It is tempting to get into the role of a victim. It’s a choice many people make and disturb themselves for a longer period than they should. Do you think you might be doing the same?

It was indeed unfair that you were treated that way in your marriage. I am sure you didn’t get your answers. However, can you acknowledge now, that you have this life situation? Once you acknowledge it, you can overcome it with your own will to move on.

Is it possible for you to stop being in the victim role and let go of self-pity, for a better future for yourself? Can you begin to try if you can do that? If yes, why not see a psychotherapist and start the process? I suggest you find someone with training in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy or Cognitive Behavior Therapy in your area.

Lastly, please make sure you talk with at least one person in your family or a health care professional (physician / nurse / social worker) if you do have thoughts about ending your life.

I am interested to know what you think. Please leave your replies if you wish to talk more.

Take care.

Dr Abhijeet Deshmukh

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.