Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

22 depression no motivation.. at all

I need help. No motivation to do anything at all. And ive thought about drugs. But ive seen the adiction and suicide in my family and friends ILL NEVER ever take any drugs like that. I tried marijuana yea help depression but not motivation. Being raised by a mother who always did wat i needed without asking. Whos life went down the drain after alcohol and drugs im left since 19 struggling for air. Found a girl got a decent job helping autistic kids and got fired out of a lie (honestly) so now 7 months after i get fired im in my girla families home no job on unemployment playing xbox AND I DONT DO ANYTHINF around the house. My mind "finds a reason" why i am unable to clean up or do somthing with my life. Its like a huge mental war i am having. And college paper work to get started intimidates the hell out of me. My license is ruimed from street racing. So that ruins my chances at alot of jibs around here and a career. I WANT A CAREER. Not just an hour to hour job. Im worthless i feel. My girl deserves better amd her family and i cant lose her. Or this post would be much worse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2013
I think you need to make a schedule and stick to it. Like you are giving yourself a job to do and you have to show up and do your work or you will get in trouble. Like say for two hours every morning you help pick up around the house, and you need to find a job. It doesn't matter if It's just hourly. It will help you feel better about yourself so that you feel more empowered to accomplish more. I know it sounds like a drag but It's really not.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....