Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression just a phase ?

I have seen counselors, physicians, taken medications, changed my diet, improved my exercise, but I'm still depressed. I broke down at work today and yelled at one of my techs for no good reason. I had to call someone else in to do the shift. I hat my life, but in reality, I have a good one. I make enough money, have somewhere to sleep at night. Unfortunately, I would rather just fall asleep and not wake up. I have tried to overdose several times. Obviously uncsuccessul. I need some serious help, but I'm too embarrased to ask. It seems like in the past, I have been treated like it is all my own fault. Maybe it is, but I still feel isolated and neglected. I am 26 years old and have my doctorate, in a steady, well paying job. Why can't I get a grip? I just want to lay down in bed and never get up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2009
You shouldn't be embarrassed to ask for help. it is the right thing to do. i know what you are going through, and i understand how hard it is, but you need to seek help. it is not your fault, you should never think that. if you need someone to talk to i might be able to relate to your issues.
|

replied June 18th, 2011
i know how you feel, i know i'm lucky my family loaded but feel depressed all the time i tied killing myself a few times all unsuccessful every time i sleep i don't want to wake up
|

replied June 18th, 2011
Awwww just remember there are a lot of people who feelexactly the same as you! Ask yourself what would make you happy? If you can't think of anything, try a new hobby or start a new business, if I have something to focs on it takes my mind of feeling depressed. x
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....