Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

depression is taking over

ok i guess i should tell you my story

when i was 8 i was in a car accident that killed my sister and left my dad severly brain damaged.

i was ok for a few years after but then things got bad.

i was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and i had eating disorders.

now i feel as though my depression is at its worst. i take anti-derpessants and they worked at first but i dont think they are anymore. ive been on them for 18 months

i went to see my doctor and she has reffered me on to other doctors but i just dont feel like anyhting could help.

im starting to over react at tiny things. for example my friend got a new boyfriend and we usually spend most of our time together but now she hangs out with him and that makes me really really upset even though i know its dumb.

i have really bad mood swings.

i really just dont know what to do anymore.

i feel sick all the time and i cry a lot.

anyone know of anything that could make me feel better?

any support is greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Experienced User
There are alot of medications that you could be taking. Zoloft is good for depression. Maybe you will get better, it just takes time and patience.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
Supporter
i was on prozac and it made me feel like a zombie for a few weeks then it lost it's effect.
you might need a higher dose, or changed to something different. request this from your therapist, be persistent because sometimes they dont take you serious.
i suffered from years and years of physical, mental abuse this is where my depression comes from. i get anxiety attacks when i get upset but they dont last long. so i know how you feel.
when my friend of 10 years started dating, and is now married to, stop spending time with me i was upset, but i understood.
your feelings arent dumb, you are human just like very one else.
i want you to be strong and think positive.
i go to a support group, and i try to surround myself with positive people. if there is anyone in your life that is negative, and make you feel bad, you have to let them go.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....