Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression, i think about life after my death...

User Profile
i feel so depressed all the time i think about life after my death and it gets me very upset i carnt stop thinkin about it and its affectin my day to day life . i get upset and my pregnant girlfriend gets upset but i really carnt help it ... please help m

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2011
Depression Answer A27773
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. You seem to be suffering from depression or an underlying personality disorder.

This can also happen due to an underlying depression or anxiety. My sincere advice is to consult a psychiatrist/clinical psychologist and seek an opinion. Anti-depressants and cognitive behavior therapy is usually required for the treatment of the same. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.