Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression from head trauma ?

User Profile
I have had numerious head injuries. Several knocked me out. Then after I came to could not remember hours. I was rushed to head trauma
unit after one of the last. I've had one on the very front of my head when I was a child from a bike wreck. still have a bump 30 years later. Have two bumps and two scars, one on back left and one on back right. Lately I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. I was manager of a resteraunt at age 20. Totally motivated. Could have 40 employees when taking over a store and have all names memorized in a week. I've worked part time at the same resteraunt only in food preperation, cooking. But I can't remember hardly any names. I'm so depressed now I don't even wan't to get out of bed. My nerves are driving me insane, and it seems I'm more angry now. I've just wonderd if these moderate and semi sever head blows, about six or so, could be effecting me this way. If I ever bring it up it seems people want to think, your getting old, or your just down because and so on. I remember when I was younger nothing, I mean nothing could keep me down, I was so strong. I so miss that attitude, confidence, happiness. I need to know could this be a sighn of these head blows, someone that has a clue please give me one. I need to know what to do. What doctor to go to. What kind of meds could make me feal right, or closer to it. I would apreciate any info.
thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank DoctorQuestion for this post: DrManhoff 

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2009
Depression Answer A7708
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

Your symptoms (not remembering names, miss that attitude, confidence, happiness) go more in favor of depression and a loss of interest and confidence. For this counseling by a psychologist or a psychiatrist may help. At times medication may be required.

However since you have a past history of repeated blows to the head, please consult the neurologist and get a MRI done.

It is difficult to give a confirmed diagnosis on net without examining. Please consult your PCP and get proper referrals. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.