Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Depression, anti-social, and other issues

I am 18 years old, I am having some serious issues. It is really hard to explain the issues, suffice to say I am completely lost, and not in the regular teen angst way. I honestly feel like sometimes I lose myself, as if some part of me isn't clicking right, so something else is taking over my mechanics and everything else. When I fall into this headspace I constantly mean to say one thing to a person, like telling my boyfriend how I really feel, but something completely different, that I wasn't aware thinking will come out. I cannot talk to anyone about this because for some reason I literally physically can't sometimes, it is an extremely awkward situation and is making me feel as though I want to give up. I have also been taking Sertraline that my doctor prescribed for an issue not dealing with this one. I don't know what is going on.
I have been losing passion for the things that matter to me the most, my art for one, and I have been losing care for any social situations. My best friends have been noticing and have been getting angered at my indifference to our get togethers as well as the excuses I give up for not hanging out. No drive, losing myself, no light.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2010
i'm feeling exactly like you
|

replied June 16th, 2010
Supporter
It may be due to your medication. So many of them have odd side effects. I would talk to your doctor about this. It may be causing a homonal imbalance which can cause mild to severe symptoms.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....