Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

depression and stress?

im 15 years old and feel very depressed.i feel hopeless and have no energy ever i feel like i have no interest in life what so ever. i hardly get any sleep at night and i always feel down and wonder why was i even put on this planet because i always feel so lonely and sad. i have friends but whenever im around them i act happy but secretly im not i wonder why they ever where my friends in the first place i have no confidence what so ever and have really bad issues about the way i look.I also get stressed very easily and now im in my most important year in school i have more stress. is there anything that could help me with my depression and stress?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jes_sim
|

replied January 1st, 2012
I am so sorry that you feel this way. I suffer from depression and anixety myself & have been on meds for 6 months now for it.
Could you talk to your doctor about how you're feeling?

Depression is such a horrible feeling and takes toll physically as well as mentally. I know it is hard but try going for a walk and just noticing things around you. What sometimes works for me is to just live in the moment. Like I say to myself I feel like this now but that's ok, it is going to get better. I also find distracting myself with acivities helps my mind to refocus. Or have a shower, put make up on & dress in something you love.

Is there anyone you can talk to?
I pray you feel a lot better soon.
|
Users who thank dancer007 for this post: aimy15 

replied January 1st, 2012
Thank you for your reply. i dont really have anyone to talk to it about because i dont want to tell my friends incase they think im weird and i dont really like people knowing the way i feel. i dont want to tell my mum either because i dont have the best relationship with her and i have told her before that im stressed but she just says i cant have stress and im being stupid. I will try to give your idea's atry and see if they work on me.
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Hi there. I know exactly how you feel. I moved schools a few times, ever since 6th grade. I was always shy and didn't know how to talk to knew people. There were always a few people that were nice, but they just weren't me. I felt too different, they were smart and had good grades and I was always just average. When I moved my last time is was to live with my dad again and go back to a school where I knew people. I went to the people I knew but weren't close with exactly, but I knew its where I fitted in. I was always a bit of an outcast in school. My junior year was really tough for me, the only good part is that I met my best friend. We both had incredibly hard things going on between fake rumors and people dropping off the face of the earth like they never knew you. I hate talking about my feelings to anyone and everyone. I feel like when I do, they just judge me. After highschool I joined the Marines, it was the best choice I ever made. Unfortunately my dream was short. I got hurt and the doctor didn't believe me, she refused to do anything for me. My depression came back and was at an all time high. When i found out I was getting discharged, I stopped trying to make new friends. I had one friend who knew what I was going through. She had a fractured hip, both of my hips were messed up & I couldn't find out the problem. Finally I decided to keep only the med down Marines as my friends because we were all going through the same thing, discharge from something we loved with out the chance to fight it any longer. The 30hr bus ride home was the worse. My depression was so bad, I cried an hour straight not caring who saw. I felt so alone the first month I was home. Within the past year I've been put on Zoloft & had it bumped up twice. It's now at 100mg. A lot of people still don't understand how bad depression is. Some people think its just in our heads, it's not. I hate talking about my problems or crying in front of someone. It really does help though. I'd so much rather talk to a stranger who knows what it's like than to talk to someone who doesn't understand. I do talk to my bestfriend sometimes, but not often. My boyfriend just doesn't understand. & I know the feeling of being with friends but still not happy. I do that a lot. For awhile I didn't even hang out with them. When I'm really depressed all I ever do is sleep, that makes things with the boyfriend worse which makes the depression worse. It's a vicious cycle. But I promise you, it does get better. Hanging with friends does help, you just have to keep busy to keep away from your thoughts. I got a dog too this year, he helps me so much. So if it's possible to get a pet, that's all your own and that you can play with, it's great therapy. I'll be 21 in two months, I've had depression issues since I was 8 & 1/2, when my parents devorced. It started to get bad around 15-16, then took a turn for the worse at 19. But it all depends on your life's event. It will always get better, and remember, it gets worse before it gets better. If you ever need to talk, send me a message, I'll listen.
|
Users who thank jes_sim for this post: aimy15 

replied January 5th, 2012
Thank you for your message i feel the exact same way when you said you dont like people knowing your feelings i try hiding my feelings so much i dont like people knowing the way i feel so most the time it just comes out in anger and that causes alot of arguments with friends and family. i do have 4 bestfriends but i feel like im drifting apart from them because they all hang around together with out me when they go out because i dont like the area they go and im scared that i will be talked about because of the way i look because i have a lot of insecurities about myself it hurts hearing it come from other people.i hope it will get better.
|

replied January 5th, 2012
I know exactly what you mean. I keep everything in, then it usually leads to an argument as well. And then I feel worse. & with your friends, I know how that goes. They decided since we don't see each other that often, that we should get together once a month. I don't read have money to do anything, or I don't feel like it because my hips hurt and I know I can't keep up, or I don't like what they're planning. Sometimes I end up forcing myself to go. I just ended up feeling a bit awkward and bored. But I do have fun for the most part. You could try suggesting something you want to do, like some place you feel comfortable with. & my friends do talk about some of our old friends, or even one that isn't there. I'm always wondering what they are talking about and who their person of choice is. It'll be ok though. & it definitely hurts hearing something come from another person, but I'd rather it be the truth than a lie. It hurts both ways no matter what, but if you think about it as something making you stronger, you'll feel so much better. I can't stand when someone tells me I can't do something, so I end up proving them wrong. I know times are hard, I'm still battling my depression, but I promise it gets better. I just think about what I've been through already, and how far I've come. Knowing I made it through that helps put a positive outlook on what's going on now.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....