I cant sleep. ever. i have a lot of stress in my life, and i know this could be a cause of me not sleeping. But there are some things in my life i cant control. which i stay up all night worrying about.
My husband in the in army and is deployed AGAIN.. this is his 3rd 12 month tour to Iraq. He left last august and wont be home until dec of this year. im not working. i stay at home and think about me all the time. we fight a lot. which just makes things even harder on me and HIM.
He doesnt allow me to have any friends, besides my family. So i have no one to talk to. which makes things extremely hard on me, because i cant talk to anyone about what im going through. And i dont talk to my family cause I dont want them to hate my husband.
I have stressed myself out to the point where i am sick, and have been for the past 3 months. My Dr. doesnt know what is wrong with me, which also worries me. I dont eat, I dont sleep.

I used to be so happy, so full of life. and I dont know what happened to me.

I went to my Doctor. I know Im either on the verge of being depressed of i AM. and the first perscription she gave me wasn't working out for me.. side effects... so i went back. and she changed it to a Seroquel... which she said was for bi-ploar and schizophrenia. she said "I know you are neither Bi-polar nor do you have schizophrenia, but we are going to put you on this" I was taking it for about 5 days.. but everytime i take it it makes my muscles SPAZ out, and it makes me PASS OUT for more than 15 hours at a time! So I said screw that and stopped taking it.

I want to get my life back... i want to be happy again, and enjoy my life like i used too.

Im not sure how to get out of this "rut" Im stuck in and have been for so long now..

any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
Ok, well first thing there wouldn't be quite so much wrong with you if your life's situation was different, so be assured that you can do something more about it then take a pill. Pills help more for people who do actually have a brain imbalance and sometimes helps anxiety from life situations, but of course, you can't fix your life with a pill.

Good grief sister! I know it's a really great thing to have a husband deployed and it's very honorable, but he's got to give you a little breathing room. This is what I would call an abusive relationship: because he has no idea how terrible it is to be completely alone, no friends, no work, nothing to do. No wonder you are depressed!

Don't tell me he doesn't have any friends at home or in the military....you are perfectly entitled to having some girlfriends to hang out with no matter what he says. I don't understand that at all! When he is at home, fine, he can have your attention, but when he is away....take some time for yourself and chat with some friends. Get out and go shopping, window shopping if you can't afford it.

Live your life. He can't stop you from living it just because he is married to you and he isn't even there. Stand up for yourself and don't back down. Let me know how it goes.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with severe depression. But the problem with you is compliance with drugs due to intolerability.
I would suggest you inpatient management till symptomatic control.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.