Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression and hair loss

A few weeks ago I suffered from a bout of depression. During that time, I had trouble sleeping, lack of appetite and would cry randomly. It only lasted about a week max, but my hair immediately started shedding almost at the beginning of it. I'm now back to feeling like my happy self but my hair is continuing to shed excessively. There's no bald spots or patches, just all over shedding. At least 10 or more hairs come out after I brush it. I'm taking multivitamins everyday and keeping healthy now, I'm just wondering when it's going to stop because it is really annoying me. I can't wear my hair down. I'm also 19, female. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 5th, 2014
Last week,I saw that my hair is fall down and I depressed.Now,what i do ?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....