Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression and Anxiety advice ?

Hello, i'm new here and would like some helpful, realistic advice.

I just feel like the world is slowly caving in on me, like everything I've ever wanted is floating away. I pray every night for things that I feel would make me happy and when they don't happen I feel like I'm some sort of demon. It may sound stupid...but its the honest truth. It's not like I don't have friends, a decent place to live in. It's just that my conscious messes with me so much that some days I can barely function and have a normal day. Just a few minutes ago I cried, because I was so angry at how at lot of things I've prayed for are turning against me one way or another. I got to a counselor for my anxiety, but I really don't see her as much as I need to.

And no I am not selfish! I just want to be a happy person, for the first time...it hurts being me. I have no one to talk to about this other than myself.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
please help me.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
RE:Depression, Anxiety, All of the Above (help)
I think I know what you feel it is kind of the same with me... And i don't know the solution about all of the "S*** happens" so all I can say to you is hang on until some one shows up and give you advice (because I no longer care about anything in this nightmare called "life") the advice from me is try not to became like me...
|

replied August 7th, 2011
hi,i used to be extremely depressed a few yr ago and never thought id cope with life.I can only say what helped me.I went onto amazone and bought some self help books which i read every night.Meditation along side that which takes some time to practice but well worth it.Also,i must say what helped me a great deal was reiki(check it out on google if you havnt heard of it)Infact,im now a reiki practitioner.When i start to feel low i reiki myself and believe me,its amazing.Hope this helps but remember,this doesnt happen overnight,stick with it and all these together im sure will help x
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....