Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression after abortion

Hello, i am 23 years old and had an abortion last year.
after that,everytime I have pains in my stomach or lower it comes to my mind that I might be pregnant again.
I no longer feel excited about having sex, a lot of times i cry before having my period and I feel a lot depressed.
Has anyone had these problems?
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper miss9
|

replied September 24th, 2009
A lot of women who have had abortions feel depressed. You need to get past the fact that it's done and you can't go back and change things that are done. It's normal to feel depressed after commiting a mrder. One of the best things you can do to help you with you feelings is to let others know who are considering having an abortion what you are going through. you will be in my prayers and i hope you feel better soon.
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I don't think that i commited a murder though.I know that a lot of women feel depressed, but do they also fear everytime that their stomach hurts or belly that they might be pregnant again?I do feel this a lot of times even thought there is no reason to do so.
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Its ok to feel the way you feel
Hi Miss9,
It takes a long time to get over a termination I'm in my early days of recovery from my termination. I also had to have one when I was much younger (due to ectopic pregnancy) and to be truthful I never really got over that. It is a big decision for any woman to have to make and this decision will stay with you forever. Right now I feel so low as if Ive broken my own heart. You will feel low at times sometimes you will have better days but it will be something you will remember forever. I cant say to you it will get better but in time you will feel different and maybe come to better terms with what you had to do. I know the pain you are feeling.
Good luck x
|

replied June 28th, 2010
caring person - ! ?? are you for real - your name certainly does not correlate with your comments - this poor girl is suffering depression and feeling guilt and you compare a termination to murder - you have not helped. Miss 9 - you will feel better - it takes times and everyone is different - see you GP and get some counselling to help you through your grief - dont beat yourself up about something that you cannot change - i hope that you can pull yourself up out of your slump and become happy
|

replied November 30th, 2013
I totally understand what your going through. Every time I have a period it reminds me of the day I was in agony and I get paranoid that I am pregnant get. It will take a lot to get past it and there will be days and times when it will hit you hard .. But I'm here if you need to talk Smile
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....